COVID-19 Safety Precautions
WHAT IS SPORTSMED CARES?
SportsMed Cares is our promise to you, our patients and staff, during COVID19, that we will always place caring for the safety of all involved in our company at the forefront of all our decisions. SportsMed Cares is our way of showing everyone, that we realize the ‘new normal’ of today and take our part very seriously.
At the beginning of this pandemic, SportsMed initiated procedures to ensure the safety of all. Now that we have reopened on a limited volume basis, this outline will expand upon the procedures SportsMed has implemented to keep staff and patients safe.
We are focused on one thing, keeping or earning the trust we have built with you, our patients, over the past 16 years.
ONSITE COVID19 SCREENING: PCR, SALIVA
- Screens for asymptomatic patients, immediate family members & employees only.
- Screens occur in the safety of the patient’s vehicle or the privacy of a sanitized designated room.
- Screens administered once per week. No nasal swap, just a little saliva.
- The SportsMed Bubble – we are providing COVID19 screens with the goal of making SportsMed safer than any other public place. By providing weekly screens, we are ensuring the safety of all. We take the extra steps, to keep you safe.
- We are monitoring all information and recommendations coming from the CDC, federal, state, and local governments, and taking all recommended measures.
- Signs are posted throughout the reception and treatment areas regarding best hygiene practices.
- Employees are to self-isolate if they have any signs of illness, are taking care of a loved one with signs of illness, or if they believe they have been exposed to someone with the coronavirus.
We want everyone to know that SportsMed places the highest importance on protecting your health and will continually update our processes, as necessary.
PHYSICAL THERAPY OFFICE GUIDELINES
- All staff will be provided with KN95 masks, which they must wear when interacting with staff and patients. In addition, gloves and face shields will also be available if a staff member feels the need to wear.
- Social distancing guidelines will be enforced. Temperature checks are mandatory for all. Patients who exhibit symptoms of COVID19, such as a temperature of 100.4 or higher, strong, frequent coughing, or other symptoms, will not be allowed in for treatment per CDC guidelines.
- Patients will be required to wash their hands immediately upon entering our offices.
- Patients will always be asked to wear a mask when in our offices. If they do not have one, SportsMed will provide a 3-ply surgical mask.
- Each office will maintain a holder filled with pens for patient use. This holder will be marked “Clean.” After a pen is used, it will be placed in a container marked “Used”. These used pens will be wiped down and cleaned with hospital grade disinfectant and returned to the clean cup.
- Unless a patient requires a guardian, caregiver, interpreter, or some other assistance as part of their treatment, only the patient will be allowed in the waiting and treatment areas. Family and friends must wait outside the office.
- Staff will thoroughly wipe down all public areas, including chairs, doorknobs, tables, and counters in the waiting area every half hour, using the hospital-grade cleaners supplied by SportsMed.
- Staff will thoroughly wipe down treatment areas before and after each patient.
- When treating, clinicians are urged to use curtains whenever possible, to help inhibit the flow of any airborne particles.
- Clinicians will be seeing 75% of normal patient volume.
- Only the needed staff will be in the office. We are working off a skeleton crew model to ensure social distancing.
- Drivers will always maintain and enforce safe social distancing.
- Drivers will be provided a KN95 mask, which must be worn while a patient is in the van.
- Drivers will thoroughly wipe down the van with the company provided hospital-grade disinfectant. This will be done in view of the patient at the pickup time.
- Each van will have an infrared thermometer. Drivers will take the patient’s temperature. Anyone with a temperature over 100.4 degrees will not be allowed in the van. Likewise, patients with a strong cough or others who are exhibiting other symptoms of COVID19 will not be allowed in the van.
- Patients must always wear a mask in the van. If they do not have one, SportsMed will provide.
As a reminder, the CDC recommends the following:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds. Always wash your hands before and after eating.
- Teach yourself to avoid touching your face unless you have just washed your hands.
- Use an alcohol-based sanitizer if soap and water are not available. Sanitizers are much less effective than hand washing, and not effective at all if your hands are dirty.
- Cough and sneeze into a tissue and dispose of the tissue immediately. If a tissue is not available, use your elbow.
- Self-isolate if you are ill or caring for someone that is ill.
- Practice Social Distancing. At least six feet.